THAW: A Night of Hot Ballyhoo
Thursday, April 3, 2014 at DANK Haus
4740 N. Western Ave 6:30pm - 11:30pm Open Bar
Tickets $35 Before March 3, $40 in advance / $50 at the door
curated by Artistic Associates Alice da Cunha and Marc Frost
$75 Special Offer:
2 Tickets to THAW + 2 Tickets to PHYSICAL July 25 - August 2, 2014
Tickets Available at the Door!
It's time to THAW and forget what your parents said about not
playing with your food!
The hot ballyhoo is back with the most appetizing dancers, scrumptious cabaret acts and performance artists serving lip smacking food.
Get your fill of performance, but leave room for Indonesian Street Food from pop-up restaurant The Rice Table , brew by Revolution Brewing (voted best local brewery by Chicago Reader 2013), Michigan/Chicago based Virtue Cider , delicious Cocktails made with Tito's Handmade Vodka, local distillery Koval, eco-friendly wine by Bonfire Wines, dance party provided by DJ CQQCHIFruit and La Spacer...and so much more.
Featuring 50 + Artists!
Food & Performance is a showcase of performances involving edibles. Theater artists and performance artists interact with the audience by serving food that is an integral part of their work.
Curated by: Kelsey Allison (dance), Ania Greiner (Food and Performance) and Anthony Guerrero (cabaret acts)
Adriana Durant, Amanda Mitchell, Anna Long, April Torneby, BeaM Dance, Christina Shore, Christopher Knowlton, Damon Green, Darling Shear, Honey Pot Performance, Hope Goldman, Hydra, Innervation Dance Cooperative, Kelly Anderson Dance Theatre, Khecari, Kristina Isabelle Dance, Leonard Perez, Liana C. Percoco, Lindsey and Adrian Krygowski, MegLouise, Movement Revolution, RE|Dance Group, Red Fox Dance, Rephrase Dance Collective, The Space Movement Project, We Stand Sideways, and Ysaye McKeever
Artists for Food & Performance:
Ayako Kato, elena & erin, Greta Bach, Jamie Olah, Janet Schmid, Joshua Kent, Knife and Fork, Michal Samama, Sara Holwerda, Sara Zalek, and Wannapa P-Eubanks & Monica Del Castillo
Dirty Devlin, Diva LaVida, Dixie Devereaux, Isabelle Collazo & Matthew McMunn, Muffy Fishbasket, Muffy Fishbasket & Her Good Time Galz, Olive Ali Oxenfree, Plucky Rosenthal and Wei Hsinyen
- Weekend at a Lake Geneva Vacation House: Enjoy a weekend in this 2 bedroom, 1 bathroom home that sleeps six people, located 3 blocks from Lake Geneva and less than 1/2 mile walk to downtown Williams Bay. While there, enjoy the complimentary use of 2 kayaks and 4 bikes.
- Two (2) 100-level tickets to the Bulls Game on April 11, 2014, which comes with two (2) passes to the Ketel One Club at the United Center.
- A refurbished bike of your choice from Experimental Station
- Behind the Scenes tour at Shedd Aquarium + Aquatic Show
- Raffle tickets can be purchased in advance at Links Hall Shows
SPONSORSHIP and HOSTING OPPORTUNITIES:
- $1,000 Level Sponsorship – underwrite 30 artists to attend THAW with you and your 9 guests
- $600 Event Host – underwrite 10 artists to attend THAW with you and your 9 guests
- $300 Artist Host – underwrite 5 artists to attend THAW with you and your 4 guests
- $100 Production Host – one ticket + $70 donation to contribute to the good cheer of THAW
HOST TICKETS AVAILABLE THROUGH TICKETFLY
- Check Facebook for THAW Updates
- Follow us on Twitter
DOWNLOAD THE LINKS HALL APP
THAW INFO COMING SOON
"Well, clamorous and vigorous sums it up nicely. THAW, the annual “Night of Hot Ballyhoo!” benefiting Chicago’s own Links Hall, is a night filled with music, dance, performance art, and general shenanigans."
- Willie Chandler Photography
With Additional Support from:
Michelle & Dane Carr
Aaron Greven &
Dina Merrill &
W.E. O'Neil Construction
Jessica Bailey &
Jodi & Elliot
Tricia Van Eck
Artists pictured in Illustrations:
Knife and Fork